Efficiently implement automated product lifecycle management with DevEX Baseline, a standard set of out-of-the-box PLM configurations created specifically for the food and beverage industry.
Formula-Based PLM for Companies of Any Size
DevEX Baseline offers easy-to-install and easy-to-use bundles of pre-configured product data, workflows and templates for each phase of the food and beverage product lifecycle. Quickly create and launch a well-defined PLM solution for your specific business process needs without extensive coding.
Core templates for:
- Ingredients Management
- Packaging Management
- Finished Product Management
- Regulatory Management
Each bundle includes:
- Pre-configured data sets
- specification templates
- Configurable business process workflows
- Documentation, reports and more
Templates specializations for:
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Cereal Products
Reduce PLM Implementation Time and Costs
Greatly reduce the time and cost involved by installing and using templates that best fit your business processes and internal workflows. Start using the software right away to create experimental and approved ingredients, formulas and products.
Standardize Data Management Throughout the Product Lifecycle
Use product data from each stage of the product lifecycle across ingredient, formula, packaging, finished product, specification, BOMs and documentation templates. Reduce data entry and create more accurate product data management.
Prototype and Launch New Solutions with Pre-Built PLM Workflows
Easy-to-use configuration tools enable you to create and test numerous scenarios and products. Controlled status management and pre-set lists of reviewers and approvers to keep things moving throughout product development.
Standardize Every Phase of Food & Beverage Product Development
Create the exact steps you need for product development, review and launch with formula-based PLM templates.
Centralize Ingredient Data Management
Control and shorten the process of gathering and promoting ingredient data, facilitating review and activation for approved ingredients and maintaining material masters for manufacturing.
- Use simple or complex ingredient data templates that account for cost, physical, religious, dietary, microbiological attributes and more
- Use automatic roll-up calculations of physical properties to improve data accuracy
- Auto-update product formulas and specifications when ingredient properties are created or modified
Streamline Formula Creation and Activation
Quickly move from trial ingredients and formulas to approved and activated formulas while ensuring data accuracy.
- Connect approved ingredients to trial and activated recipes
- Automatically sync data attributes to complex formula calculations
- Link formulas specifications to trial or approved formulas
- View the history of changes to formulas or specifications
- Use only the most recent ingredient, formula data, documents, reports in use for your active products
Centralize Packaging Requirements
Select templates for different packaging types and keep complex packaging attributes, from weight and dimensions to performance, shipping and material compositions, in one place.
- Create multiple types of packages in one system
- Use physical packaging data for different packaging requirements
- Connect numerous vendors to packaging materials
- Sync packaging data with finished products and formulas
Simplify Multi-Layer Finished Product Management
Connect ingredient, formula and packaging templates to streamline the finished product and labeling processes.
- Synchronize product information across finished products, BOMs, ingredients, formulations and packaging materials
- Update product marketing, technical and packaging data in one place
- Create flat and hierarchical finished products
Control Attributes for Juice, Alcohol and Cereal Products
Specific juice, alcohol and cereal product development tools to create PLM solutions that match your specific industry.
- Account for juice concentrate and analytical properties
- Create cereal formula on dry basis or by percentage
- Calculate total %ABV and ingredients cost contribution by alcohol content
Automate Internal Regulatory Control
Improve compliance by automating and improving the accuracy of labeling, nutritional parameters and regulatory substance management.
- Create single and multi-product labels
- Combine recipes in one ingredient statement or nutritional panel
- Use version control and reporting on specifications
- Roll-up ingredients contributions to regulated substances to determine regulatory compliance
Get Started with DevEX Baseline
See which DevEX Baseline modules are right for your company and quickly get up and running with formula-based PLM today.